How To Get Started Adding Amazon Products
Adding these widgets and affiliate options to your site will help increase your money making potential on the website. Every time someone clicks through your link and makes a purchase, you will earn commission. *
*This all depends on the affiliate program you're using and how their payout system works.
Add a Carousel Widget
- Go to widgets.amazon.com
- Select which widget you would like to add and click on the yellow button that says “Add to your page.” In this example, we're selecting to add a Carousel Widget.
Using the search bar, you will then need to search by keyword for 6-10 products you wish to be represented in your carousel. In this example, we are searching for "shoes." You can be as vague or specific as you like, for example you could search specifically for "Steve Madden Patent Flat" or just a general term.
When you see an item you would like to display in your carousel, click on the “Add Product” button to add it.
*Note you can only select 10 products maximum per carousel
- Click “Next Step” once you have selected all of the products you want in your carousel.
- You are then able to customize the widget to match your website’s designs. Editing the orientation and size allows the widget to fit perfectly with your website’s preferences. You may wish to change the title, or just leave it as the default "My Picks."
- Be sure to click on the save button to save your settings for later use.
- Click on the “Add to my Web Page" button to generate the HTML code that you will need to apply the carousel to your site.
Copy and paste the code onto your AresBuilder site by pasting it into a Text Block widget. Click here to learn about creating text block widgets.
Add a Search Bar
- Go to www.widgets.amazon.com.
- Select which widget you would like to add and click on the yellow button that says “Add to Your Page.” In this example, we are adding a "Search" bar.
- Edit the layout of the widget
- You can click the, “add to my page," button to add this widget onto your site. Clicking the button will produce an HTML code that you can apply to your website. Copy the generated code and paste it into a Text Block on your site. Click here to learn about adding text blocks to your AresBuilder page.
Hot Tip! Most affiliate program websites place their search bar on the top right corner of their page.
Link a Product to Your Page
- Go to: http://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/network/build-links/individual/main.html
- Select the “Product Links” category on the left side of the screen.
- Using the text box and drop-down selections, you can find the products that you would like to represent on-site.
- You can now scroll through the available products. Once you find the desired product, click on the yellow button that says, “Get Link” on the right.
- You will then be able to customize your widget to fit your website’s design. Editing the link’s colors and background will allow you to find the best match for your website. This will generate an HTML code that you can apply to your website.
- Copy the code and paste it into a Text Block widget on your Ares Builder site. Click here to learn about adding text blocks to your site.
The product will show up on your site and link viewers to Amazon so the purchase can be made.