Building Your Website - A Basic Overview
Now you have even more options to learn how to begin editing your new AresBuilder website
Follow our step by step directions with screen shots below, or Click Here to Watch Our New "Intro and Getting Started" Video
1. Login to your account at www.aresbuilder.com
2. On your AresBuilder homepage (aka - dashboard), click the blue button in the middle of the dashboard labelled “Site Editor."
3. This will lead you to edit your site using the AresBuilder Site Editor. The main tools are located in the Tray on the upper right corner of the page.
4. Choose a Theme. The theme is the design of your website, which reflect what your website is about. AresBuilder’s large variety of themes might make things just a little bit better, or maybe harder to choose from.
Hot Tip! - Click on Preview to see a sneak peek of the theme. Once you've found one you like, click Use Theme to activate it on your site.
5. Add pictures and videos to your media library in the Media category. Click +Select files to upload to your library, or simply drag & drop from your computer.
6. Add new custom Pages to your website to display all the content you want to present on your site. Click Add Page to create a new page, and Save to apply the page to your site.
Hot Tip! – A site navigation menu featuring all your pages will be displayed near the top of your website. Click on the pencil icon to edit a page, or the trash icon to delete it.
7. Add drag-and-drop Blocks to insert custom content such as text, images, and moving slideshows to your site.
8. The Template tool will allow you to determine the layout of each page, so you may manage where blocks are placed on your site. Choose from our vast array of templates to find one that works best with the content you wish to display.
9. Remember to click the green Save & Publish! button in the upper right corner often to ensure the changes to your site are saved. Be sure to save before navigating away from any page on your site. A pop-up reminder will ask if you are sure you want to leave your page if you have any unsaved changes.
10. Click the Dashboard link on the upper left hand side anytime to go back to your homepage, and the Support link to the right of it to access our help center.